Short-term leasing of furnished apartments is becoming a popular trend these days. The short-term lease gives the tenant the benefit of vacating the premises at their convenience or extending the lease if necessary.
What is a furnished apartment?
It is an apartment that comes with all the basic furniture. It has a kitchen equipped with a stove, microwave, refrigerator, etc. The kitchen also has utensils, cutlery, etc. In addition, this type of accommodation has a washing machine, dryer, etc. Some apartments offer cleaning service.
People who need apartments for short-term rentals are:
- People who stay in rented accommodation and are laid off. These people are looking for a furnished apartment for a short period. This allows them to locate in the same area and seek new opportunities.
- When someone needs to move to another city for a short assignment. You will prefer to stay in furnished accommodation rather than in a hotel.
- Many tourists prefer apartments to hotels.
- If you have moved to a new city, then you could use a furnished apartment until you find a house of your choice.
- When you are moving or renovating your home, you will prefer a furnished accommodation to a hotel.
Benefits of a furnished apartment for short-term rent:
- It is like a home away from home. It is suitable for weekly, monthly or even semi-annual stays.
- It is cheaper than a hotel.
- For families, it is a better option as there is more space available.
- These accommodations have separate living rooms, kitchens and bedrooms. This gives assigned professionals plenty of room to relax and work comfortably.
- If the people staying in the apartment have guests, these can easily be accommodated without additional charges.
- This type of accommodation gives guests more privacy.
Disadvantages of a furnished apartment for short-term rent:
- The landlord generally charges a higher amount for a short-term lease compared to a long-term lease.
- If the tenant needs to renew the lease, the landlord can change the rent and the terms and conditions of the lease at will.
- Most of the furnished apartments are booked online after viewing the photos. Many times this can be misleading. When guests arrive and do not find the accommodation to meet their expectations, it is very difficult for them to find other options.
As we can see, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. Furthermore, these inconveniences can be managed to some extent. The tenant can negotiate the rent and the terms of the contract. The reliability of the pictures and the apartment can also be verified.