Bathroom vanity cabinets are an essential component of any bathroom and can add drama to your design and decor. Bathroom sink cabinets provide counter space, a place for the sink and faucets, and plenty of storage space underneath. It’s surprising how often bathroom cabinets and storage are left out of the planning process. It is important to have a place for everything in your bathroom that is easily accessible to everyone. Bathroom vanity cabinets and storage provide home organization and reduce clutter. You can never have too much storage space in the bathroom!
Here are some considerations before buying bathroom vanities online or in stores:
Bathroom vanity cabinets are available in widths from 18 inches to 48 inches and in 6-inch increments. When looking for bathroom vanities online or in stores, shop where you can find a wide variety of styles and sizes. From traditional to contemporary, you should be able to choose from vanity cabinets made from woods such as walnut, oak, maple, cherry and finished with high-gloss lacquer that showcases the natural wood finish.
These are the types of bathroom storage cabinets:
1. Cabinets: bathroom vanity cabinets, wall cabinets, built-in cabinets, and medicine cabinets.
2. Open shelves: built-in shelves, corner shelves, and surface-mounted shelves.
3. Above the toilet cabinets: Cabinets that use the wall space above the toilet as storage cabinets.
4. Linen cabinets, basket towers, built-in cabinets and cabinets, or freestanding sink cabinets that often extend from floor to ceiling and provide excellent bathroom storage for bedding and other bathroom items.
You should be able to find bathroom vanity cabinets in these two styles:
1. Vanity cabinets with front frame. These bathroom furniture will give your bathroom a more traditional and formal look. The frame and panel doors are designed to frame the cabinet box, and the hinges can be hidden or visible.
2. Frameless vanity cabinets or European-style cabinets. These modern bathroom vanities will give your bathroom a more contemporary look. Frameless Vanity Cabinets will provide you with heavy duty cabinet boxes and hinges that are concealed and easily adjustable.
When selecting bathroom sink cabinets and door hardware, be sure to pair vintage cabinets with vintage-style knobs and pulls. Sometimes you can find the old-fashioned type of knobs that you may be looking for at flea markets. Knobs for your cabinets can cost between $ 3 and $ 5 each, and some can cost $ 20 or more each, perhaps creating a problem for your budget.
For your bathroom vanity cabinet countertops, you have several options. You can choose from laminate, ceramic tile, wood, composite materials, or solid surface materials such as stone, stainless steel, or concrete. Laminates, composites, solid surface materials, and stainless steel are more susceptible to scratches. However, composite or solid surface materials can be repaired and replaced very easily. Stone countertops are beautiful and durable, but they can be easily stained and are expensive.
Ceramic tile is the most widely used countertop surface. It is durable and you can select from a wide variety of sizes, colors, and textures. However, the grout used between the tiles can stain and the tiles can have uneven surfaces. Wood surfaces are beautiful but can get stained or moldy if not properly maintained. Concrete is a durable, heat-resistant countertop surface, but it can discolor or crack.
Whether it’s updating an existing bathroom or planning a new one, the bathroom is one of the best investments you can make in home improvement. You, your family or guests will enjoy the bathrooms in your home every day. And if you ever sell your home, attractive and functional bathrooms add to your home’s appeal and selling price. Before you buy, read all you can about choosing the bathroom vanities online or in stores that will be the best for you and your bathroom. Learning all you can will be time well spent.
Copyright 2005 InfoSearch Publications